A Bahama Mama Wedding

A Bahama Mama Wedding
Such a Fun Day!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Are you doing this to glorify yourself or to glorify God?

Today I made the most delicious smelling creme brulee coffee.  As I was impatiently waiting for it to finish brewing, the sunshine that was streaming in my window was blocked for just one instant.  I leaned forward and looked into our backyard, up toward the tippy tops of the trees to find one beautiful yellow leaf blocking out the only ray of sunshine to find itself into our whole house.  It was 50 feet up, at least, and falling so gracefully toward the ground little by little.  I watched it make its journey, into its final resting place 10 feet from our window. 

As I watched the leaf fall lower, I could feel my stress lift higher. 

This morning we read the second chapter of "Crazy Love" By: Frances Chan for our Sunday school class.  The chapter was all about stress and worry being a sign of arrogance.  God has the master plan not you, not me.  After we read the chapter by a dying fire in the living room, I gave my days worries to God.  They are not in my control, and all I can do...is my best. 

It was so strange too, when I watched that leaf fall... I detoured away from my perfect and comfy spot on the couch, in between by sleeping husband and cuddling dog, and got my notes out of the office.  It no longer felt like a chore to study.  I wanted to.  I was ready to start down this long road, and suddenly I wasn't overwhelmed. 

Pictures of my backyard to come.  It is getting prettier and prettier by the day! 

Happy Sunday!! 

PS. Big and Tall, if you would happen to read this, last night was so much fun! Thanks for the cider! Next time we are all carving pumpkins!!!  (Now you are even :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment