A Bahama Mama Wedding

A Bahama Mama Wedding
Such a Fun Day!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Clarification

So before I even started blogging, my friends and I talked about the concept of "Domestic Goddess"! It was a favorite coffee shop topic in fact.  I couldn't wait to blog about it, and found the perfect opportunity a few days ago.  I just wanted to add a little clarification to what I already wrote.  It is important to me that nobody thinks I'm trying to say their lifestyle is wrong, rather, I was trying to say that my lifestyle is NOT wrong.  So, here is my clarification.  Maybe this helps to better express what I was trying to say in my very. very. very long winded post.  Dusty Pants, thank you for always making me think about this shit! Can't wait for our next girl talk date.

Clarification:

***I would also like to ensure no one is getting the wrong idea. I don't think there is anything wrong with staying home with your family. I think in fact, the women that don't stay home are constantly feeling the pressures to do more to take care of their families, and less to pursue a career. I'm sure everyone feels pressures to do something or not do something differently. What I was trying to stress here is that each person has a set of gifts that they should be proud of. And no matter if your gifts are cooking and raising kids, or maintaining an ER, you should be proud of those gifts, and work to do your very best at them! I don't think it is wrong to stay home and be a wonderful wife and mother, but I also know that it is NOT wrong to pursue a career! Sometimes its hard to hear over and over and over that "I am going to be missing out on so much", or "what does your husband think about you working...", or :" that doesn't leave much time for raising a family properly" or  "oh... you are going to have to work... that's so sad.." It gets old, hurtful, and frustrating, and I know you ladies feel the same crappy pressure to be somebody that you are not, no matter what those pressures are!



I hope today you can soar above the pressures and can be proud of whatever role you fill!!

Hope that clarifies!

Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment